Rich stays current in each of his primary practice areas: business law and litigation, real estate law and litigation, and religious/nonprofit law. He has extensive and diverse litigation experience and practices in Colorado federal and state trial and appellate courts and federal bankruptcy court. He regularly works with other firms across the western states in litigation matters and has built relationships with firms throughout the Denver area.
One of his favorite things about his work is diving into the facts of his clients’ cases. Business and real estate litigation is typically about a relationship not an event, and the historical facts are key to litigating the outcome of whatever the dispute is. Outside of the firm, he flexes his creative muscles by playing keys and drums. After an evening of blues, R&B, or even classic rock, he can revisit a case with a fresh perspective.
- U.S. District Court
- District of Colorado
- Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 10th and 7th Circuits
- B.A. - Northwestern University
- J.D., cum laude - IIT, Chicago-Kent College of Law
Professional Association & Membership
- American Bar Association (Litigation, Real Estate, and Business Law sections)
- Colorado Bar Association (Litigation and Real Estate sections)
- Boulder County Bar Association
- Southeast Colorado Bar Association
- United Methodist Church Conference Chancellors Association (Past President)
- Staff Member, Chicago-Kent Law Review
- Executive Committee, Boulder County Democratic Party
- Central Committee, Colorado Democratic Party
- Member & Former President, St. Vrain Rotary Club of Longmont
- Board Member, Centennial State Ballet
- Board Member, Boulder Valley YMCA
- Member & Former President, Carbon Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member & Former President, Kiowa County Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member & Officer, South Metro Denver Chamber of Commerce.
- Board Member & Former President, University of Colorado Parents Association